A student visa allows you to study in Australia on a temporary basis. Courses include general english courses to university level courses. As an International student in most cases you will be permitted to work too! – usually a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight or 20 hours per week. In some cases and in some periods you can work full time. This is a great opportunity to build relationships with employers to broaden options for permanent residency.
Why is Australia such a great place to study?
Australia is one of the most popular places to study for many reasons including the following:
- world class education recognized internationally
- study is not just theoretical but based on practical experience
- an opportunity to learn new skills and broaden your career options on an international level
- learn about the Australian culture and enjoy the lifestyle
- work whilst you study to obtain valuable skills related to Australian work ethics and standards
- live, study and work in a safe and friendly environment
- your family can be included in the same application
- improve your English language and communication skills
- meet international students from all over the world
- enjoy integrating in a multicultural society
- access more visa options to extend your stay or aim to obtain Australian permanent residency
What type of course?
Here’s a list of some of the types of study fields we can explore based on your personal background and goals:
- General English/ Academic English or IELTS
- Information Technology
- Business Management
- Project Management
- Trade course
- Leadership and Management
- Marketing and Communication
- Social Media & Digital Marketing
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Commercial cookery
- Sport and Fitness
- Child Care
- Other study fields to suit your goals
International student fees are required each semester. Initially, you will need to pay just for the first semester. You will also need to prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your time in Australia. The table below will give you an idea of course fees for different types of qualification levels.
|Course type||Tuition fee|
|High schools||AUS $12,500- 18,000 (yearly)|
|English Courses||AUS$ 200 – $ 300 (weekly)|
|Certificate or Diploma or Advanced Diploma -1 year||AUS$1,500 – $6000 (per term)|
|Professional Year Program – 1 Year||AUS$8,000 -$12,500 per year|
|Bachelor Degree Program -3 years||AUS$20,000 -$30,000 per year|
|Master Degree Program – 2 years||AUS$22,000 $30,000 per year|
Your visa application must be handled correctly to avoid refusal. A negative outcome can result in complications to enter Australia or apply for another visa in future. We ensure your application is handled correctly based on the latest regulations. For precise information based on your specific situation please arrange an assessment with one of our Certified Education or Immigration Specialists.
If you wish to change your course of study..
If at any point you feel uncertain about the career path you have chosen we can explore other options for study once you are in Australia and once you have started your principal course. We aim to conduct a thorough assessment from the beginning to help you achieve your goals and we will be there for any advice throughout your study.
Why talk to a Qualified Australian Education Specialist?
It is worthwhile for you to discuss options with one of our certified Australian Education Specialists. Australian Education Specialists have passed exams related to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and extensive knowledge advising prospective students. Our education consultants can help you with the following:
- provide you with a full assessment free of charge to choose the right course of study for you
- explain course options available considering your preferred location, tuition fee and English requirements
- handle applications and documents to arrange course enrollment
- handle the visa application process with the help of our Registered Immigration Specialists
- arrange health insurance
- assist you to obtain the relevant English test score required
- liaise with educational institutions and immigration authorities on your behalf
- provide regular updates and ongoing support throughout the student visa application process as well as throughout your course of study